Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I rent the town hall?

You can call the town hall and leave your name and phone number on the answering machine. The machine is checked 2 times a day and we will get back to you.  More information can be found on the Municipal Building Rental page.

2. Who Do I call for a Burning Permit?


Burning permit are issued by Chief Assistant chief or safety officer.

3. When is the Monthly Town Meeting?

Our town meeting is held on the seconded Tuesday of each month, we have an annual meeting every seconded Tuesday of April.

4. Where is the Town hall located?

Our town hall is located in the center of the township, 10905 Falcon Rd.

5. Where do we vote for elections?

Elections for town of Lincoln residents are always done at the municipal building.

6. How do I register to vote?

You can contact the Clerk to register to vote before the elections, or you are allowed to register at the polling place.

7. How can I vote if I am out of town or unavailable to vote?

Anyone can contact the town clerk and ask for an absentee ballot for any election, there is an application that needs to be filled out before you can vote, call the clerk for details.

8. If I have questions regarding the way the township is operating whom do I call?

We have a town chairman and 4 town supervisors, you may contact them at anytime, there numbers are located on the Town officials page.

9. What happens if there is a fire or accident in this township?

We have a volunteer fire department and volunteer EMS.  They are on call at all times and are properly trained to help you professionally and quickly.  For further information please see the fire department tab or call the fire chief.

Call 911 for the volunteer dept. to respond.

10. Does the town have recycling service?

Yes, recycling is done every four weeks, you will receive a calendar at the beginning of the year, and you can contact the clerk or chairman for a recycling bin if you need one. IF you do not receive a calendar please call your clerk.

11. If I have an issue to present to the board how do I do that?

At each town meeting there is an opportunity to address the town board, if you would like to be part of the agenda please contact the Town Chairman by the 1st of the month before the meeting.

12. What do I do if I am going to build a garage or addition to my home?

You will need to get a building permit. Please contact our zoning administrator BEFORE any construction is done, Failure to complete the proper forms may result in a fine.

13. Where do I pay my taxes?

Our town treasurer sends out a notice with your tax bill informing you when she will be at the Town hall. Any other questions call our treasurer.

If you have any further questions please call a town official.